We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including IP addresses, geographical locations, browser types and versions, operating systems, referral sources, length of visits, page views, website navigation paths).
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website and information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including names, email addresses,).
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use session cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. We will use the session cookies for the following purposes: to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website..
We use persistent cookies on the website. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their specified expiry dates. We will use the persistent cookies for the following purposes: to enable our website to recognise you when you visit, and to remember your preferences relating to the use of our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, and selecting Block all cookies using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes.
- In the administration of the website.
- To improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- To enable your use of the services available on the website.
- To send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances.
- To the extent that we are required to disclose information by law.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (fixed by law at the date of writing at GBP 10.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is John Pollock.
This policy was created using the Website Law